Surf bracelets are a cool jewelry trend for men and women. These durable bracelets can withstand the elements, while still looking cool. The leather can get wet and does not need to be removed when swimming or showering. Surf bracelets can be purchased at surf stores for a high price, or you can make one yourself! A cool leather beaded bracelet can be yours with just a few materials and an afternoon. Make a leather surf bracelet for yourself or your friends
- Gather your materials. You can find leather cord at a craft store or online, so select one in any color. While you’re there, pick up beads with holes large enough to fit the leather.
- Measure and cut the leather. Cut 2 strands of leather cord with scissors. You can estimate the length by wrapping the strand around your wrist and adding a few more inches for safety, and to compensate for a tie.
- Knot the ends. Tie the strands together at one end with a secure knot, leaving enough room for tying the leather bracelet. Tape one end to a tabletop or pin to your pant leg for easy beading.
- Begin beading. Place a single bead on one of the leather strings and slide it to the base of the knot.
- Slide the second piece of leather through the bead. Thread the leather cord through the same bead on the opposite side. This will create a loop around the bead and secure it in place.
- Continue adding beads with steps 4 and 5. Do this until the bracelet is long enough to wrap around your entire wrist. You can choose to use all the same color bead, or alternate to create a pattern in your surf bracelet.
- Finish your bracelet. Use a basic knot to tie off the other end of your leather. Remove the tape and tie the tails together around your wrist.
Congratulations, your surf bracelet is complete. Enjoy your stylish leather bracelet perfect for everyday. Now get out there and surf- or at least look like you do!